Can a Dentist Do Virtual Consultations?
You may have heard about telemedicine and online healthcare during the pandemic. But can a dentist do virtual consultations? Yes!
New York City dentist, Dr. Husam Almunajed, is pleased to offer video consultations for busy people like you who want to improve their smile and would like to talk with a dentist from the comfort of their home.
What is a virtual dental consultation?
A virtual consultation is a video chat – either live or prerecorded – that answers your dental questions, whether it’s about your smile, proposed treatment, or other dental questions you may have.
Why would someone want a virtual consultation?
There are many reasons why someone would prefer a virtual consultation over face-to-face, such as:
- You’re just curious if a procedure will work for you.
- You want a second opinion.
- You haven’t been to the dentist in a while, and you’re embarrassed or uncomfortable meeting face-to-face.
- You have a dental phobia and would like some feedback before you physically go to the office.
- You’re very busy and would prefer to have a consultation virtually on your own time.
- You’re still nervous about being in public during the pandemic and would like to talk to someone from the safety of your own home.
Dr. Almunajed offers a no-fee video consultation to answer all your questions. From general dental questions to cosmetics, orthodontics, and everything in between, he’ll answer your question within 1-2 business days.
If you prefer a live video chat with Dr. Almunajed, he does that too. Scroll below for more information.
What is involved in a virtual consultation?
If this process sounds too techy or complicated, don’t worry, it’s as easy as 1-2-3!
- Follow this link to our website, and scroll down to the form where you’ll upload a selfie and close-up of your smile. We accept JPEG, PNG, or PDF files.
- Explain why you’d like a video consultation. What are your goals? Do you want to change something about your smile, or do you just have a question? Please be as specific as possible so Dr. Almunajed can answer as clearly as possible.
- Hit send and wait for Dr. Almunajed to respond!
After Dr. Almunajed gets your request, he will take his time to review your pictures and make some notes. Then, he will personally email you a video with answers to your questions, recommendations for improving your smile, and the next steps necessary to start your journey.
Prefer an interactive virtual consultation?
Dr. Almunajed can meet virtually via Facetime and WhatsApp. If you opt for a live consultation, Dr. Almunajed will send you a plan afterward, which will include the records we need from you, the number of visits, timeline, and cost of treatment.
Why choose a virtual consultation from Dr. Almunajed?
Dr. Almunajed is a New York City dentist who delivers world-class care using advanced dental materials and technology. His undivided attention and compassionate chair side manner will make you feel like the only patient on his schedule.
To make sure he always provides you with the highest level of care, Dr. Almunajed takes many continuing education courses each year and is an active member of the following organizations:
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry…Open a new window to the AACD website…
- American Academy of Restorative Dentistry…Open a new window to the AARD website…
- American Academy of Esthetic Dentistry…Open a new window to the AAED website…
His training and passion for knowledge mean he’ll answer any question you have and can recommend a variety of treatments so you will always have a treatment plan that is as unique as you are.
Click the button below to see how Dr. Husam Almunajed can help you!
Empire Dental Aesthetics is located in New York City…Open a new window to Google Maps for directions…. We happily welcome patients from all over to join our family.